Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Welcome.

1. I'm a student in college. My college is in the coldest place in the continental (and probably non-continental) United States. I hate winter. And snow. And wind. Why did I come here?

2. I'm not only a student, but I'm an art and film student.

3. I play soccer for my school, and I joined the track team as well. "I chose Division II."

4. My school's mascot is the Dragons. I think this is really cool.

5. Ke$ha and I are secret soul sisters. We look a like and I may or may not know the words to all her songs. I am not, however, an alcoholic.

6. I have an unhealthy obsession with watching sports, particularly football. Green Bay is where it's at. I also love the Minnesota Twins, and March Madness.

7. I love fashion but it's too cold here to dress up most of the time.

8. I live in the dorms (frosh) and my room is pie-shaped. My building is called the "Beer Can." I live above the "drunk door." We open my window and drop things on people who walk in and out. Once, we got in trouble for throwing fireworks at the on-duty Resident Assistants. "We didn't have fireworks, Just stale crackers."

9. "I'm a vegetarian." "Oh, so you don't eat meat?" "No, I'm that other kind that does." I am a vegetarian, and I don't eat meat.

10. I could survive on Oreos, peanut butter, saltine crackers, almonds and white cheddar rice cakes.

11. If I was good enough, I would make a living playing soccer.

12. My secret aspiration is to become a rockstar.

13. I don't watch a lot of TV, but when Glee is on, you better STFU.

14. I (legally) download too much music. I'll listen to anything once. I'll listen to most of it again, but the minute country (or death metal) comes on, I'm done.

15. My favorite movies are Moulin Rouge, Forrest Gump, The Fall, Kabluey, Zombieland, Adventureland and all the Toy Stories.

16. I'm working on designing my own tattoo.

17. My life motto is "Keep Calm and Carry On."

18. My soccer coach can recognize me because of the "relaxed and unhurried way I move my feet." Which is surprising for a two sport athlete taking 19 credits who would die without her planner.

19. I love running more than pretty much anything. I want to run a half-marathon one day. Probably not a full-marathon though. That's a little much.

20. I'm quick to pick up on things. I observe and learn, instead of jumping into things. I might not be the best at what I do, but I'll work my ass off to make sure I'm the best I can be.

21. "Tory, I think you're the only rational thinker around here sometimes."

22. I plan to study in New Zealand one day. If that doesn't work out, maybe Australia or London.

23. Most people at my school either go home, or get drunk on the weekends. I don't fall into either of these categories. My friends and I will sober cab for you anytime. We like acting drunk and having a good time, but we've never woken up with a hangover on life. Sober pong? Yes please.

24. Boys. This topic will most likely be revisited.

25. The minute I graduate, I'm moving somewhere significantly warmer than here. I've done my time in this frozen tundra and I will be rewarded with a life of warm sunshine.

I hope this was enough personal information about me to get you to read more. I promise, it will get more interesting!

No comments: