Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2011

APARTMENT OF AWESOMENESS!

Very very long day. Had no morning class, our professor had said that we should spend the time either going to the Fargo Film Festival or editing our projects. I spent the time reserving a key to the edit lab for the weekend so I didn't have to do either. But I actually did other stuff too, like I ate, registered for soccer and finished applying for art scholarships.

There was a group on campus tonight called "Whose Rhyme is it Anyway?" They were an improv rap comedy group, and I live all of those things, so we decided to go. It was pretty cool, it stated kind of sketchy but it definitely got better as it went on and I'm glad I went. They were all really funny, and they all have some music on iTunes that I haven't had time to check out yet, but if you want to their names are: Heath Mcnease, Playdough and Manchild.

Besides that my dad just sent me my only real reason for wanting an iPad. This:
Yes, I want a $600 iPad for that. As a designer, I just think that it's really cool that someone designed a cover that does more than a cover is meant to do. Just awesome. I'm excited for the day I can think of something as awesome as that.

And I also found this article today, about the rediscovery of the original Nike waffle iron. Yeah, like the one the co-founder of Nike used to make his first pair of Nike waffle soled running shoes. Maybe not news for some of you out there, but it's still a good article about how the people who found it were conpensated and it just made a whole school better off. I recommend you read it!

Oh and as a little last note, AJ Hawk just signed a 5-year contract with the Packers! (He was released a few days ago as his contract expired). Go Pack Go!

I'll end with a quote I remembered from Whose Rhyme is it Anyway, it was during an improv session where they were basically ripping on these random guys standing on the stage, it was pretty funny.

"This guys is number 1... That's his GPA."

No comments: