Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2011

"Name the creature with the most legs, ever." "A cat."

Ahh, Spring Break. Blogging from home. Being on the Internet without a cord. Not hitting my head on my ceiling when I wake up. Not having to risk my life getting in and out of bed everyday. Showering without shoes. Driving. Shopping. Eating Goldfish and Oreos. The simple things. Spring Break.

Spring break really started on Thursday night when I finished up some homework and packed. I went to bed early because of 6AM soccer on Friday. But I did get a Film Studies midterm done (I scored a 9.4583333333333/10...) and finished up some notetaking:
Translation: French Impressionism was an early cinematic film movement in France. Stemming from the Impressionist painting movement, trademarks of French Impressionism include expressive cinematography, lavish sets and exaggerated acting styles.

6AM soccer was enjoyable. It felt good to put in some hard work before a long break (but I'm gonna try and get out to run everyday here because it's warmer and I have time!) and our coach was nice enough to put breakfast in the locker room for when we were done. He also put flowers in the locker room but doubted our judgment (whether because it was 6AM in the morning or because we're known to eat just about anything, I don't know) and it pretty much made our morning:
Shoot. That water just looked really good...
Enough said.

Drive home was enjoyable, we listened to music and I sat in the back by myself and danced pretty much the whole way home. I love the cities and I tried to get a good picture of the skyline of St. Paul but the dirty windshield combined with my poor timing caught only these two pictures:
Attempt at St. Paul. Nasty windshield.
Attempt at Cathedral. Dirty windshield and freeway sign.


I spent the rest of that day at home, hanging out with my family. It was good fun. I went to Target with mom and discovered the best jelly beans ever. Sweet Tart jelly beans. SO GOOD. I also saw these and got a little sad inside:
WHAT ARE THOSE? WHY ARE THEY LOOKING AT ME? What little kid would want to wake up on Easter morning and find those? Not me. CREEPY.

Today was a good day too. I slept in, which was awesome, went to lunch with my dad, then tried to shopping. I drove to the Mall of America only to find the exits backing the freeway up about half a mile. I kept driving and turned around and tried the Burnsville Center. I got a parking spot (nearly across the street) and walked around for a while but was unmotivated to try jeans on (I really, really need new jeans. I am down to one wearable pair because I wore holes or ruined with art supplies the other pairs) and decided to go to JoAnn's instead. I got some supplies and $20 and about an hour later, I knocked off my first Spring Break project:
I just need to find a way to mount it so I can make it say "Welcome to the" and hang it in our apartment next year. Stoked to decorate more!


Watching Saturday Night Live right now, with Zach Galifianakis, pretty funny stuff. I liked the musical performer too, Jessie J. I haven't heard of her before but I liked her first piece so I'll have to look into her! I'll end with a funny quote from Galifiaknakis because he's in front of me right now and I just found a good one on the Interwebs:

"At what age do you tell a highway it was adopted? I think seven, because that's about the time he starts to think, "I don't look like Kiwanis club.""

No comments: