Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

"You couldn't make this sh*t up!"

My weekend started with a late night Sketch Comedy rehearsal and ended with a late night return to campus, followed by a really, really long stressful day. Here's the deets.

Thursday, as much as I can remember, was pretty boring. The only real excitement came Thursday night when we finally had our first (and only) rehearsal for the Sketch Comedy show on Friday. It lasted from about 10:30PM to shortly after 1AM and was really, really funny.

Friday was awesome. I got to sleep in (gasp!), picked up some video equipment, went to soccer practice (at that same awesome "turf" field) then went straight to the Sketch Comedy show. The show went really, really well and for being my first time ever performing, I was surprisingly not nervous. And I liked it. People actually laughed at me. Which normally I would be offended by, but since they were supposed to, I was pleasantly surprised. So hopefully we get to do another show before the end of the year.  And my friends were awesome and came with signs and stuff, so the other people in the Troupe were like, "Your friends are such jocks, they brought you signs." But I appreciated them, so that's all that counts.


We walked to Tastee Freeze after that, which was nice. It hasn't been really cold here lately (is it finally spring???) so it was nice to walk at night. We saw these two things on the way there:
This is a very, very deep puddle located at the crosswalk that is necessary for all students to walk across multiple times a day. So it kind of sucks that it's there. And my friend got really excited because she was wearing rain boots so she jumped in. Then she got water in the top of her boots and decided she thinks there's a hole in her boots. Excellent choice.

Just made us all laugh!

After ice cream, we made some crafts and ate some (more) food at Dragons After Dark, then hung out some more, then went to bed. It was a good Friday.

Saturday was also very good. I shot footage for my next video production project, which is an action sequence. I chose to do a pants-off dance-off. It's not as racy as it sounds and I think I actually got some good footage, but we'll see once I start editing. And to top it off we went to Spicy Pie and used some COUPONS and saved a whole bunch of money and ate a whole bunch of pizza.

We left for our soccer tournament around 3PM. We rode in vans (our van won by like 30 minutes) and had time to watch the first half of the USA-Argentina men's soccer game before we left. Talk about some good soccer! It was exciting to see Messi completely shred the US defense. But it ended in a tie, so I guess USA picked it up a little in the second half.

We ate dinner at Macaroni Grille and the highlight of the dinner was probably the tables. They were covered in paper so we got to color all over them. Unfortunately our table only had two brown crayons so the creativity was limited but we got some interesting things on there:
"It's [coach] on an island, with a mean crab clamping his leg standing next to a coconut tree with a whale mermaid swimming in the water saying 'swim to me, I can help you." Courtesy JW.

Not exactly sure what all this is, but obviously there's some sort of conflict going on here. Courtesy AG and LC.
It started out as a horse, then a horse with a tree, then our coach said, add a noose. And I didn't get a picture but the artist also added in a skeleton hanging from a noose. It was a little cynical for a tablecloth but hey, it's pretty impressive for a brown crayon.
And the same girl drew a caricature of another girl on our team.

And it turned out very good! Courtest SL

And that night in the hotel was pretty much nothing like you could expect. I could tell you everything that happened (I'll tell you some of it) but you probably wouldn't believe it. We started a contest where you have to time how long you pee for. Like, you bring your phone into the bathroom and time your pee with the stopwatch. I drank five glasses of water at dinner and I peed for about 14.8 seconds and I think that was the longest from the trip. So I'm really good at... Peeing... We tried to fit our whole team in the elevator. Which subsequently broke. We were stuck for a few minutes while it tried to lift us, but after we kept hitting the alarm I think it gave up and opened the door on the first floor for us. It was weird that we tried to do that because the first thing I noticed when I walked in was this sign:
It's almost like... We don't pay attention...
So after that scare a lot more stuff happened but it ended up with us not being able to sleep and me staying up until about 1:30AM rolling around in the bed because I couldn't sleep.

Sunday = Game day. It was very exciting to get to play soccer again. We played three short games against Viterbo, MTA and St. Croix and went 1-2. But we scored a whole bunch of goals and worked on a few defensive tactics we'd been practicing. It was nice, tiring and now my legs are so raw it hurt to shower. But that's a good thing.

We were supposed to be back around 10:00PM, but we got held up a little by a tiny medical emergency (everyone is OK now, promise!) and didn't get back until around midnight (and I was in the fast van. Roommate didn't get back until like, 12:30).

So of course it would happen that the night before Monday I don't get enough sleep. Today was such a long day. And it only made it worse to go through both art classes and listen to Prof and Prof talk about all the projects due next week. Basically my next two weeks are total hell. I have huge drawing and design projects both due on Monday. I have a Video Production project due Tuesday. And then I have my freshman portfolio review on Wednesday. So I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm going to die. So if I don't update this, sorry, I'm only trying to maintain my sanity.

I sat restlessly through Econ just looking at my schedule (then he gave us homework, too... guess what I'll probably forget to do), and I wanted to cry a few times, but I didn't because I'm not that stressed out (Yet. Just wait though I'll probably be that girl who just starts crying in the middle of class for no apearent reason and then ends up not doing anything because I'm crying. Just kidding. Gotta keep my head up!) and I later told my roommate, "Don't cry because your life is a total sh*tstorm, be happy because you are alive!" So I'll have to live by that mantra for a while until this is all over!

This picture made me pretty happy:
Ok, just kidding, it really scares me a little, actually. Usually I wouldn't diss on Clay Matthews like that (I mean, he could kill me) but that is a scary picture. Both because of his face/arms and because it looks like he's bald. But at the same time, it's kind of hot, right? :\

So that was my super long weekend. Sorry it all got backed up. But like I mentioned, it's that time of year when I probably won't get on here everyday, but I'll still try to share things with you. At least a little everyday. I'll try. Really hard. So hang in there, like me and let's make it through these next few weeks together and with smiles on our faces!!!

I'll end with this little story thing I found on Facebook that made me smile:

"When I was little, I was always told that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote "happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life."

No comments: