Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

"Freshman don't have to pay quarters!"

 Ok, so I think I might have overreacted yesterday. It was probably a combination of sleep deprivation and being extremely busy but even though I have a million things happening, I'm not as stressed anymore, promise.

So today was nice because my 10:30 class was canceled and I didn't have class until 1:30. So I slept in, which was Ok because I stayed up super late to work on my sculpture (which I actually took a huge chunk out of, and then broke. But I'm going to glue it back together tomorrow and everything's gonna be OK!). So I slept until about 10, got out of bed around 10:30 and then started my day.


I had a nice talk with my soccer coach today, whenever I go in there we always end up talking for a really long time about a lot of stuff I didn't intend to talk about and then I forget to tell him what I went there to tell him. But basically we decided a few things: we had a good weekend, we're going to Trampoline World as a team next year and even though sometimes I regret not going to college somewhere warmer, I am very happy here. I can say that now because the snow is going away. If we had had that same conversation a few weeks ago, I would probably have left and hopped on the next flight to California. But it's better now!

Speaking of melting snow, we had track practice outside today. It was good because we got to throw for real hammer (not that it was good for me, it's impossible, I swear) and it was fun to watch some of my teammates throw really, really far into banks of snow. It was funnier to watch them try to shag because it was snowy and icy and people fell a lot. I think I'm going to call it "Arctic Hammer" and try and get it in the Olympics.

After that, I ate really quick then went cycling. It felt good to cycle again, because I hadn't done it since last semester and it reminded me how much I love it. I cranked the resistance up and went a total of 15 miles! It's gonna hurt tomorrow but be totally worth it. Then I did AbRibberX, which was good and bad because I also did it yesterday so it hurt a lot more today. But I'm going to have RippedX Abs for the summer so... Yeah.

I took about an hour for myself then, to relax and get my head cleared before starting the little amount of homework I planned for myself tonight. I have to get up early-ish tomorrow so I'll save the lots of work for tomorrow because I can sleep in on Thursday again. I made this to help me cope with my busy life, I recommend you do the same. It feels good to write everything down and then give yourself the opportunity to demolish it when you complete it. Like burning all your homework and paper from a year of school during the summer:
Do it. I promise, you won't regret it.

Then I did my homework, which was pretty easy. I discovered an artist named Nathan Sawaya who makes sculptures out of Legos. Like real Legos. The little kids toy, Legos. And they're not replicas of buildings or spaceships, they're real sculptures. This was my favorite one and the one I did my assignment on:
Called "Yellow" it's make completely out of the same yellow brick over and over again. He has a lot of other cool stuff, I encourage you to take some time to look at it!


So that's all I have for you today! I tried to be positive and give you a suggestion for making your busy life more enjoyable and I'll try to do the same again tomorrow! I have to shower now and then I get to go to bed. I'll finish with a quote I heard from my track coach (he always writes the best quotes on the board during our meetings) by Zig Ziglar:

"The harder you are on yourself, the easier life will be on you."

No comments: