Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

"And if you've been paying attention, this should be really exciting to you!"

It's been a long day, like my Monday's usually are, and I'm ready for bed, but once again, the History of Film book wants my attention. I am working really, really hard to ignore it, and I think it's going to work because my pillow just threw a rock at me to get my attention. Ok, just kidding, but now you know the brutal internal battle happening in my head right now.

There are actually a good number of awesome things I have to share with you today, but first I would like to recreate a moment from last night:
Yes that is what I looked like last night. And yes, that is a Clay Matthews "long hair don't care" t-shirt. And yes, my finger is stained with the KIDS FACE PAINT I used to color my face. I was worried that my face would be stained like that for a few days, but as it turns out, it comes right off. I wasn't worried though, because the Packers won and it would have looked cool to have a Packers stained face after that game!

That was so yesterday (although I definitely wore that shirt today, as well). Today, a few awesome things happened. I turned in my skull project. If you haven't been reading all my posts, basically this skull project combined with my wire project (which I also turned in today- AWESOME) has been taking over my life. And now it's done. If you give me a virtual drumroll, I'll show you. DDDDDDDDRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMSSSSSSSSSSS. Thanks:
Extremely pleased with the final project, even though the last skull I did (the warm colors) is of obviously lesser quality than the others. Still extremely happy and excited to see what Prof thinks.

I got my Giving Key in the mail today. If you missed what the Giving Key was, their website is here. Even though the concept is to give it away, eventually, I'm very excited to keep mine and let it keep me motivated to do all my activities. Here's a picture, then I'll explain:
It reads "DBWH" which stands for "Dream Big Work Hard." This is the part that needs explaining. If you don't watch college football, first of all you should, but second of all, there's this player from Wisconsin named JJ Watt. He wasn't a senior this year, but is leaving college to enter the draft (if he become a Viking, I'll convert- promise. I'll be a huge fan of wherever he goes, but always a primary Packers fan (sorry Mom!)). But besides from being an awesome athlete, he's extremely active in the community and a very positive role model for anybody who ever wanted to do anything. It's awesome really. He started saying "Dream Big Work Hard" in his high school year book (probably before that, but that's just what I heard), lived by it, and now he's a projected first round draft pick. And my biggest football hero, as well as one of my biggest overall heroes. If you don't believe how nice and humble, but also successful he is, follow him on Twitter and you'll see. He inspires lots of people to do lots of things simply by working hard. So I decided to keep that message with me everywhere because sometimes, it's hard to do what you need to do, but hard work always pays off!

Also in the mail today came this package:
I laughed for a few reasons when I got this. First of all, who doesn't use $0.44 stamps? But more importantly, who buys $0.33. $0.10 and $0.01 stamps and uses them to ship orders? It made me laugh, but hey, whatever works! Then I flipped the envelope over, and saw that pig sticker. At this point, I still had no idea what this package was and I got super, super confused (more than I was before) when  saw the back. Then I opened it, and found a halloween candy treat bag. It was just... Weird. But I realized it was my feathers and I got happy, even though the packaging was a little bit... Unconventional. My friend and I installed them in our hair and I tried to get a picture, but as we have so many times noticed, the lighting in my room is terrible. So here's the best I could do:
And yes, that's Bob Marley smoking weed behind me. Not mine, I swear. But you can kind of see the feathers, they're really thin and kind of blend in, but in person, they're much cooler. If you see me tomorrow, ask me and I'll let you see them!
That's just about all I have for you, but since Econ is so fresh and ... Maybe fresh isn't the word. But since Econ just happened recently and I remember some of the class (most of what Prof says goes straight over my head. I try, though, I really do) and I came to the most amazing conclusion today. Professor Econ is a hybrid of Ross Mathews and Brick from The Middle. He has the personality and kind of the voice of Ross Mathews, but repeats a lot of words like Brick. Now there's no way I'll be able to focus.

Anyway, I'll end today with another quote from JJ Watt, since he's so active on Twitter, I just took a recent tweet from him:

"Its #DBWH Monday. Wake up and work hard, even if you'd rather sleep in. That's how you get better! #DBWH"

(And let me tell you, this really sang to me today. I mean yesterday. Wow, it's late.)

1 comment:

Megan said...

yay was to rep the giving keys AND clay matthews! xxx