Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2011

"I was like, really pissed off at her in my dream, but then I woke up and didn't know if I should still be mad or not."

Today was a relaxing, productive day. I learned a few things and found a few very interesting things that I will later on share with you. First, however, the things that I learned.

The first thing I learned is that heat wave = good. It got into the 40's here today. And when it gets that warm, you know what I do- I run. And a good run it was. I ran about 15 minutes of intervals then finished with about 30 minutes of just running. And I was happy. And the world was peaceful. And then I got to an intersection. The car at the stop sign signaled me to cross. So I did. As I approached the other side of the street, I see this puddle. There's no going around, so I quickly see a spot in the middle that looks shallow enough to step on. I leap, stretching my foot out to the spot, hit it, and it goes down about six inches. I stood there, on one leg, foot completely submersed in water for a second as the car slowly passed me. Good thing I was almost done. So second thing I learned was heat wave = good but heat wave also = ridiculously deep puddles.

Thirdly, changing sheets on a lofted bed is not for everyone. I thought I was being all awesome and finally washing my sheets (I don't want to tell you how long I went avoiding it) and then I go to put them back on and poop (ha ha censoring) hit the fan. My bed is six feet off the ground (No, I can't actually sit up when I'm up there. Yes I hit my knee on the fire alarm almost every night. And yes if there wasn't a safety bar and the fire alarm went off I would probably fall off and hurt myself) and I had no idea how to get my sheets back on. This is what I have to work with:
Those two little bars are how I get in and out of my bed everyday. And the reason I almost died today. Guess what I won't be doing again anytime soon? Sleeping in a clean bed. Gross.

Then I found a few things that made me really, really happy.

First: hypebeast.com This website is awesome. I haven't had time to explore the whole thing but I like the art, I like the design, I like the shoes and I like the music they showcase so it sounds like a winner to me, even though I can't afford (there is definitely a trend happening here) most of what they show, it's nice to get inspiration anyway! Plus some of the comments people leave are ridiculous and fun to read. Especially in the music section. Ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-check it out!

From this website, I found this other awesome website that Google launched. I had no idea this existed and it makes me sad! Because it's amazing. http://www.googleartproject.com/ You can visit any number of the world's greatest museums and not only tour them with the same technology Google Maps uses, but you can also look at individual pieces of art. And you can zoom in closer than you could probably get at the museums. It's just really cool. A definite must for anyone interested in art!

I'm doing this right now and it's making me happy.
Who knew that Mike and Ike's fit so perfectly around the outside of a MacBook? And looked so good? And tasted so delicious? And I guess you can tell I'm blogging, which for some strange reason also makes me happy.

And last but not least, to end, I'll share one more picture I found today that made me happy:
This is just a really cool picture and it quotes one of my favorite authors ever- Jack Keruoac.
So it's only fitting now to end with the quote that he has on his shirt (also the quote in my "about me" profile deal down at the bottom of the page) because spring is coming and this book reminds me of spring all the time. From Jack Keruoac's On the Road:

"But then they danced down the street like dingledodies, and I shambled after as I've been doing all my life after people who interest me, because the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!""

No comments: